Saturday, January 3, 2009

Railroads

How cool is that--my first in-flight magazine article is in the issue with Alicia Keys on the cover! This article in Go (AirTran Airways magazine) is about Strasburg in Lancaster County, PA, an area I visit frequently for shopping and a phenomenal selection of quilt supplies. Focusing on the railroad destinations was fun: I spent the weekend and stayed one night in the Red Caboose Motel (in a real mail car), and the second night in the Rose Garden B&B. Strasburg seems to be a popular destination for families containing train buffs as I was seeing some of the same people at the various destinations.

Anyhow, there's another post with photos further down this list, and the link to the actual article is in the list to the left. (Click on "Rail Life".) This online version is a bit edited--I'm hoping to score a copy of the print version which will feature a sidebar on the Red Caboose Motel and maybe more photos.

No comments: